Sunday, February 28, 2010

What are you looking forward to?

What are you looking forward to most at the conference? As usual, I'm looking forward to seeing people that I don't often get a chance to see and get re-energized. Specifically, I'm looking forward to the sessions I am involved in. The first is a session in which we hope to make plans for a group research-project - I think it will be great if we organize a research effort that is affiliated with WE LEARN. I'm also looking forward to the session on technology and community networking. Finally, I'm looking forward to that session that you end up in for a specific reason, usually hoping to answer a specific question, only to find out the answer to a question that you didn't even know you had. I like it when that happens, it usually does at WE LEARN.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm looking forward to so many things. I've been to every WE LEARN conference, but I think this one will be the most special for me because it's the first time I'll be at the conference with students from our program! They are all very excited ... but I almost think I'm more excited just because I'm so happy to have found a way to pay for this, and so proud of my supervisor for not blinking an eye at the cost (not the WE LEARN is expensive, but our budget is pretty modest).

Can't wait to get up to Providence!
~~Stacie

Amelia said...

This will be my first time to attend the WE LEARN conference and I am excited about it all. I have heard that it is a magical time that connects women, research, and practice. I am looking forward to being part of this blog as a way to keep others abreast of all that is going on at the conference, sharing my experience as a new member, and getting the word out about the great work WE LEARN is doing. I've picked out my t-shirt for the clothesline, am prepared to fly to RI on Thursday, and gearing up for a super gathering! Till then...

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Hi everyone. This is the second WE LEARN conference that I attend. I am really excited about sharing the experiences in leadership and community organizing that has happened in the past year. I am also looking forward to learning from all of the wonderful women that will be in attendance. Participating in the 2009 WE LEARN conference really changed my outlook on life. It allowed me to understand leadership within the context of being a woman. I am most interested in the "What's Money Got to Do with it?" workshop. Finally, I am really looking forward to learning through the experience of others. - Jen